Senior Project Buyer
To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We are currently looking for an experienced Buyer with strong negotiation and contracting skills to join our multi-disciplinary Procurement Department in Delft, the Netherlands. You will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing materials, goods and services across multiple categories to support and maintain Allseas’ fleet, offices and yards, and to support the effective execution of projects.
Candidates will have the ability to successfully multi-task, possess strong negotiation and communication skills, able to use his/her experience in a lead position and be comfortable and experienced working in a fast moving and high-paced environment. We are looking for someone who will be keen to develop and grow within the role and organisation to take on additional challenges and responsibilities.
- Manage, monitor and process purchase order administration
- Liaise with internal clients to compile requirements for sourcing of materials and services
- Review internal requisitions and check correctness (incl. all required back up correspondence)
- Issue RFQ/RFPs and evaluate quotations
- Negotiate bids and quotations
- Place POs per Allseas standard (incl. Allseas terms and conditions)
- Expedite POs and ensure timely receipt of goods, documents and certificates in accordance with the (technical) specifications
- Verify and approve invoices
- Prepare bid evaluation sheets and executive summaries
- Follow up and settle VOs, claims and/or disputes
- Analyse the supplier market (structures, market shares, prices, technology, products etc.)
- Attend supplier sites and industry related trade exhibitions as required
What we expect from you
- As a minimum NEVI 1 or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ purchasing experience in a similar environment (offshore, shipbuilding or petrochemical)
- Preferably MBO + or HBO Technical (e.g. Mechanical engineering or similar)
- Affinity with technical standards and specifications in a project environment
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing methods and techniques
- Results-driven, with a proven track record
- Experience with an ERP system (SAP S4/Hana preferred) and Microsoft Office
- Experience with IT and facility procurement is desirable
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Highly organised with a hands-on, no-nonsense mentality and an ability to work on own initiative
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
What we offer you
Working at Allseas as a Buyer means joining a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues, in a dynamic, world-leading offshore company, with short communication lines and access to and interaction with technological industry changing vessels.
You can expect
- flexible working hours
- 30 vacation days (FTE)
- a competitive salary
- travel allowance
- pension arrangements and
- the possibility to join the collective health insurance. We highly value personal and professional growth and provide excellent continuous development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching.
Apply for the role as Buyer by clicking ‘Apply’. If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Brigitte de Gier (recruiter a.i.), firstname.lastname@example.org
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.