Service Design and Introduction Engineer
Service Design and Introduction Engineer
This role is key within the Technology Operations Service Operating Model and will work in line with the Global processes that are established within Maersk. Service Design and Introduction is one of several ITIL processes introduced as part of the operational process transformation programme of work.
The Service Design and Introduction Lead will have the accountability to ensure:
- Ensuring key aspects of Service Design and Introduction are completed and signed off through the lifecycle of new and changed services within the operating tower.
- Work closely with Global IT Services and external supplier and delivery organisations.
- Coaching on best practice in Service Design and Introduction
- Mentoring and championing the Service Design and Introduction processes and procedures
- Supporting the Service Design and Introduction Principal to update and refine the Service Design and Introduction documentation
- This position will sit within the Tech Ops delivery function and will be aligned to a tower and will be accountable for Service Design and Introduction
- Working co-operatively and supporting the Service Design and Introduction Principal within the Demand Management Portfolio on new and changed service specific to the tower.
- Supporting to drive improvements in the design, transition and early life support of new and changed services.
- Directly aligned to the tower and the external service organisations responsible for delivering the services to underpin the business functions.
- As champion of the Service Design and Introduction process the role holder will be responsible for providing a consistent response and the completion of deliverables through the process, to incorporate formal risk management adoption with the assigned tower.
- Supporting the post implementation reviews to drive process improvements and address issues
- Enable the effective operationalisation of the Global IT Service Design and Introduction process.
- Supporting the Demand Management of new and changed services within the tower business, to support the delivery timescales for implementation.
- Ensuring the resources are correctly allocated to support the demand pipeline ensuring that all new and changed services follow integrate into the Service Design and Introduction Framework.
- To manage the Service Design and Introduction process within the tower delivering key actions such as:
- Designing and documenting both the high-level and low-level Service Design Documents
- Readiness requirements - both Service Acceptance Criteria & business acceptance criteria are identified and met.
- Seamless integration into live services
- Entry and exit criteria is defined and signed off through each gating stage
- Documented support models and SLA/OLA for new and changed services.
- Requirements are delivered to identified stakeholders.
- Ensuring that Service Line resources are appropriately identified and trained.
- Ensuring that the business interests are maximised.
- Produce status reports covering new and changed services in flight with risk and issue data where appropriate.
- Support the review the efficiency and effectiveness of deployed services once live to for improvements to the process
The role shall deliver and maintain:
- Ensuring the services within the tower are conforming to the operating practices.
- Status reports with risk and issue logs.
- Lists of key business, IT and Supplier contacts.
- Oversight of all new and changed services within the tower to drive SLA attainment and identify issues.
- Drive the post implementation reviews and output actions for services within the tower.
Experience & Knowledge
- Managing virtual teams and working cross functionally.
- Managing and working with service provider relationships.
- Service Desk or Support Group experience.
- Demonstrate problem solving capability.
- Sound understanding of corporate IT infrastructure from a management perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to take decisions where required, avoiding escalation where possible.
- Qualified in one of the following practices ITIL v2/v3/v4 to manager/expert/master level or qualified to a practitioner level.
- Demonstrable evidence to support SD&I documentation; both HL and LL.
- Previous SD&I experience is essential – minimum three years. Evidence will be requested.
- Experience of working with 24*7 shift teams and matrix reporting
- Strong customer focus and empathy to business impact of incidents
- High degree of systemic thinking (cause and effect) and demonstrated process improvement capability.
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to ask the right questions of service providers both internal and external.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation globally.
- Ability to assess Service Design and Introduction within a global context.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including, but not limited to, gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.