Supply Chain Engineer
At Damen Workboats our goal is to develop, design and construct a portfolio of tugs, dredgers or workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of smart-customized standard designs.
Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized and smart-customized designs. These fulfil current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price and delivery time thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
Within Damen Workboats, the Supply Chain department is responsible for the setup and execution of the Supply Chain activities across the world, fulfilling demand at production locations and optimizing the supply chain setup within the division.
In your role as Supply Chain Engineer you will be responsible for setting up and monitoring the supply chain reporting, challenging and coordinating the (ERP) settings and the results to optimize the use of the supply chain. You will be located in the Supply Chain department to create an overview across all projects mainly on Q, L, T, C, R elements and to instruct, advise and support the Supply Chain team of the division.
In this role you will be:
- Setting up and monitoring reporting for the supply chain team;
- Analyzing (ERP) data and deriving and executing improvements in the Supply Chain setup based on the analysis results;
- Maintaining Supply Chain parameters in the ERP system; setting up the parameters to optimize the Supply Chain;
- Initiating and executing improvement programs in the supply chain team and with suppliers to improve flexibility and lower total cost;
- Evaluating and challenging the (project) teams for correct registration and maintenance of information within the ERP system;
- Managing the Supply Chain setup from NPI to Release-for-Volume status and the end-of-life process for components and products;
- Supporting the supply chain team in the supplier selection process to optimize the Supply Chain setup;
- Having a proactive attitude about suggesting improvements within the supply chain processes. Supported by process control, analysis and measurable results (KPI).
Skills & experience
To be successful in this role you bring:
- A completed technical and/or commercial Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering or in Supply Chain Management;
- Experience working with an ERP (SAP) system and MS Office (Excel);
- Knowledge and experience in optimizing and supporting Supply Chain processes;
- A pragmatic approach on complex subjects with a result driven mindset;
- Good oral and written command of both Dutch and English;
- Enthusiasm and good communication skills and analytical capabilities.
What we offer
We want to make sure you are a successful Supply Chain Engineer, so we will support you to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events and sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the selection procedure.
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.