Nature Solutions Manager, Sustainability
Do you have a passion for nature and sustainability? Do you want to be part of a global team that is finding solutions for sustainable living? Do you want to work in a leading international company within its field, in an environment where professional and personal growth is encouraged? Welcome to LyondellBasell…
This is LyondellBasell
As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
This is the role
As a Nature Solutions Manager, Sustainability you will be a critical global resource for blending nature into what LyondellBasell does as a company. Our purpose of finding solutions for sustainable living includes a thriving nature. This opportunity allows a leadership role in finding and implementing nature-based solutions by progressing corporate ambitions and aspirations for nature cohesively within a team. The team consists of varied Sustainability specialists, business/manufacturing representatives, value chain collaborators, and Health, Safety, and Environment professionals.
The successful candidate will work near-term on the following aspects of our evolving nature strategy:
- Manage and provide technical guidance to external service providers who will support our value chain examination of biodiversity risks and opportunities. Initial efforts include evaluating our direct operations for biodiversity impact, focusing first on locations that are in close proximity to areas of high biodiversity risk.
- Identify and implement innovative and value-driven solutions for nature-related impacts and opportunities, including those that support LYB climate commitments. Solutions will align with established principles to avoid, reduce, restore, and compensate for nature-related impacts, and expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead development of company view (principles, strategy, etc.) on nature-based solutions that support climate offset strategy and nature ambitions.
- Leverage pre-existing knowledge, skills, and involvement in the nature-related sustainability community, to help shape and evolve the nature space globally.
- Lead our company response to the annual questionnaire CDP-Forests, and support other nature-related disclosures and 3rd party auditing activity.
- Support evolution of life cycle assessments to include earth systems relevant to nature.
- Support information technology resources who will enhance spatial data of our locations against global biodiversity frameworks, land use types, and other nature-related geo-spatial datasets.
- Lead team that will generate programs and guidance to assess nature-related risks and opportunities related to new projects and business transactions, such as acquisitions.
- Examine and interact with our key suppliers to help drive forward nature-related progress.
- Provide technical guidance so that LYB-supported Alliance to End Plastic Wastes projects include actions that are good for nature.
You will help evolve our strategic development of a forward-looking approach to our impact on nature. This will include working across the organization to assess operational impacts, impacts from our value chains and products, and developing strategies and action plans in alignment with corporate strategy. In this role, you will direct the development of the company's sustainability commitments for nature as subject matter experts to support future nature disclosure needs for stakeholders. You will provide thought leadership internally and externally in your area of expertise, and engage customers, NGOs and other stakeholders around nature-based solutions.
This is who you are
To be successful in this role you must recognize yourself in the following profile:
You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change in a complex and dynamic organization. You do this with an entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude that focuses on the needs and expectations of the stakeholders. Teamwork, cooperation and hard work are key to being successful.
This is what you bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Ecology or similar field is required
- Master's Degree (Masters of Business Administration or similar) is a plus
- 10+ years of professional experience identifying and implementing nature-related solutions (or relevant organization experience)
- Active in global nature-related stakeholder community
- Expertise in approaches towards nature, biodiversity, water and other environmental impacts across the value chain
- Working knowledge of ESG nature-related standards and frameworks impacting corporate direction for nature strategies
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively. Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Self-motivated team player with an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to three days a week from home. LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.
Please feel free to contact Leonie Mulder at leonie.mulder @ lyondellbasell.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button. Only applications through this application button will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment process consists of an initial phone screening and business interviews before proceeding to a possible job offer. A background check will be part of the process.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.