Marine Systems Engineer - Schiedam (C)
SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
In the role of Marine Engineer you are responsible for taking the role of an independent Marine Engineer on projects.
- You will contribute to deliver high-quality and cost-effective Marine Systems designs of SBM products. You will particularly focus on SBM’s FPSOs and potentially; Floating LNG products.
- In this position you could experience occasional high workload (peaks in project scope for your discipline).
- You could be; optionally requested to be on assignment in other SBM’s project offices or shipyards around the globe on short or long-term basis.
SBM Schiedam is looking for candidates who have an MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in any field of Marine Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Higher Seafaring College or General Operational Technology (AOT).
You have at least 2 years working experience in Marine Systems Engineering and Design (Preferably on Pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed phase).
Furthermore you have:
- In-depth experience and sound technical knowledge in both conceptual and detailed design of (marine and production) systems on floating & production units (FSO's, FPSO's, Oil & Gas Carriers, Chemical Tankers, Drilling Units, Semi's, TLP) for the Oil & Gas Industry;
- Good interface knowledge with related disciplines i.e. Naval, E&I, Piping, HVAC, Process, Technical Safety & Regulatory;
- Preferably working experience in/ with Shipyards, Shipboard Operation, Marine Equipment Vendor and Manufacturer;
- Preferably experience in Engineering & Design and/or Operation of LNG carriers;
- Familiar with the latest (marine) systems and equipment technology and having the ability to specify and judge the suitability of equipment, while keeping a good balance between technological advancement and commercial awareness;
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e.: ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds), international organizations and proper implementation of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies;
- Have experience with review methods, such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA HP/LP Reports, SIF Reports etc .
Behaviors & inter-personal skills - Key points:
- Stakeholder focus, building strong stakeholder relationships and delivering stakeholders-centric solutions.
- Decision quality, making good and timely decisions
- Action oriented, taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with sense of urgence, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Being resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Adaptable & agile with frequent changing environment and priorities of the stakeholders
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.