Director Growth Petchem
Advario is a leading global player in the storage industry, with a focused growth strategy on chemicals, gas and new energy and a strong commitment to embed ESG and sustainability across our entire operations. Advario is a carve out of Oiltanking GmbH and we are committed to play a frontrunner role in the energy transition through developing transformational partnerships. Advario is headquartered in Rotterdam and operates 13 terminals in Europe, China, Singapore, Middle East and the United States, with a total storage capacity of 8 mln cbm. The company takes a focused and collaborative approach to, together with its partners, find storage and logistics solutions in the energy and chemical industry. Building on 50 years’ family-owned business history, Advario consists of a team of 1200 inventive, solutions driven storage experts who apply leading industry expertise and experience to terminal operations as well as new project delivery. Advario will operate as a 100% subsidiary of Oiltanking GmbH.
In line with Advario's growth strategy, we're actively recruiting new teammates to join us in our new organisation in Rotterdam, Netherlands headquarters.
We’re currently recruiting for a Director Growth Petchem to be part of our transformational journey. The Director Growth Petchem Europe reports to the VP Growth Petchem as a member of the overall Growth Organisation. As a dynamic and forward thinking partner to the business, the Business Development Petchem Director will strongly drive business development and contribute to the company strategy and future growth ambition.
- Develop and drive the implementation of a Europe PetChem BD strategy in line with Advario’s growth strategy;
- Generate strong project leads and originate business opportunities; oversee and deliver development of these business opportunities in close collaboration with all relevant stakeholders (from idea to concept/pre-feasibility stage as well as a smooth hand-over to project management organization);
- Develop and maintain a strong network and close contacts to key stakeholders and decision makers from the industry;
- Prioritize strategic growth accounts and pro-actively strengthen strategies for these accounts; drive and oversee account development activities;
- Participate in multiple industry and associated platforms, seminars, associations and conferences;
- Have a clear understanding of trends and changes in the business world, and drive decisions and actions based on market and customer intelligence.
- A minimum of ten years’ professional experience in Petrochemicals with respective industry knowledge and network;
- A minimum of ten years of business development experience;
- Understanding of liquid storage/terminal industry or comparable large capex industries;
- Proven track-record of managing projects (internal/external stakeholders) to ensure the process to FID is secured;
- Proven track-record in delivering/closing deals;
- Strong networker and strong in building and maintaining customer relationships;
- Strategic mindset;
- Ready to travel (in case of need outside Europe);
- Fluent in English. Any other language are an advantage;
- University degree;
- High on energy, low on ego.
We offer you among other things:
- Exciting tasks in an international, agile, innovative and high energy working environment with hands-on mentality
- Flexible working models (working from home) and flexible working hours
- Competitive benefits package
- A modern office building in a central location in Rotterdam (WTC)
- Very open, pleasant and collegial cooperation, with plenty of room for creative ideas and personal responsibility
- Employer with short decision-making processes and flat hierarchies
- An employer committed to a clear sustainability strategy.
* Advario is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV in English. Applications without a CV will not be considered.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.