Structural Engineer - Pipeline Engineering
We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to join our team in Delft. The Structural Engineer works within the Structural Engineering section of the Pipeline Engineering Department.
The Pipeline Engineering Department is part of the Allseas organisation and prepares and provides support for the offshore pipelay campaigns. The work extends from the proposal phase to offshore execution and pre-commissioning of pipelines. Within the Pipeline Engineering department there are multiple disciplines and each discipline contribute with the brightest minds to meet the project goals working as one team.
Disciplines working in this department include design, structural, installation, testing and field engineering. In the project organisation the pipeline engineers are working in multidisciplinary teams where the individual can benefit from knowledge sharing while obtaining an in-depth understanding of the overall project engineering, preparations and execution.
In this role your main tasks will be to
- Define the scope of work, methodologies and progress;
- Perform design studies, including drawings and calculations, and prepare plans defining the structural element of the scope of a project;
- Prepare budgets and schedules for all structural design work for projects;
- Perform detailed calculations and simulations using the appropriate computer software;
- Develop procedures for using and testing the installation aids and discuss outcomes with project team members and offshore personnel responsible for the execution.
Furthermore, you will prepare material requirements, provide on-going advice and support during the offshore phase, review and verify designs, calculations, reports and installation methods prepared by others and prepare relevant input for the engineering close out report. You provide input and feedback to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines, ensure compliance with governing rules and regulations and guide and develop capability of junior engineers and enhance technical excellence within the team.
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
- Relevant experience would be an advantage but is not considered a prerequisite.
- Strong analytical skills and technical insight.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken,
- Willingness to work offshore occasionally, depending on the nature of your project.
Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply also to this vacancy
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core.
You can expect
- competitive industry benchmarked salary and excellent pension
- performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- extensive training and development programme, study budgets and coaching
- a company-sponsored fitness scheme
- internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events
If you feel that you can contribute to our business by diving into this exciting opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter! Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.
An online personality questionnaire can be part of the selection procedure.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.