We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Planning Engineer to join our Project Control & Planning Department in Delft, the Netherlands.
As Planning Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the schedule for a specific programmes, projects or work packages. Working with Project Managers and Cost Controllers, you ensure a range of stakeholders informed on a regular basis about the actual project status and forecast.
The ideal candidate is a pragmatic multi-tasker, with strong analytical and communication skills, familiar with the offshore business, with knowledge of engineering and execution activities. We are looking for someone who will be keen to develop and grow within the role and organisation to take on additional challenges and responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate project planning activities for more complex projects and/or work scopes
- Translate the proposal schedule into the project schedule
- Initiate the onshore scope planning and co-ordinate input from disciplines, foreign offices and/or sub-contractors
- Issue initial schedule(s) internally for review and/or approval
- Create high profile reports for publication, such as project bar charts, histograms, s-curves and Earned Value reports
- Maintain the schedule, gather and enter progress and forecast and report to project team, management and client
- Interact with seasonal schedule planner in order to synchronise projects’ timings and durations
- Liaise closely with the Project Cost Controller for sharing project information
- Create project scenarios, separate offshore schedules and mobilisation plans
- Set up and progress CAPEX and R&M (port call, docking) schedules
- Assist maintaining the Allseas Daily Progress Report database system
- Assist with development of integrated (resource) planning system and Earned Value management and reports
What we expect from you
BSc/MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent
Good knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques
Minimum 5 years’ experience in preparing, monitoring and supporting project planning within an offshore/marine environment
Experience with PrimaveraP6 and MS Project
Knowledge of project management structures, network planning, resource planning and Earned Value management
Advanced Excel skills
Results-driven, with a proven track record
Excellent communication skills
Highly organised with a hands-on, no-nonsense mentality and an ability to work on own initiative
Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core.
You can expect
- competitive industry benchmarked salary and excellent pension
- performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- extensive training and development programme, study budgets and coaching
- internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events
If you feel that you can contribute to our business by diving into this exciting opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter! Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.
An online personality questionnaire can be part of the selection procedure.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.