Category Manager, Material Handling Equipment
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company that is responsible for moving 20% of global trade every year. With a dedicated team of over 100,000 employees across 130 countries, we go all the way to connect and simplify global trade, enabled by our purpose of improving life for all by integrating the world.
We are looking for a person with a very good techno-commercial understanding and background within warehousing space in logistics.
If it excites you to think about Warehousing at a global scale- Ambient, temperature controlled, Container Yards and E commerce and how to build long-lasting and sustainable relations with key warehousing Automation partners in accordance with the strategic integrator ambition of Maersk – then we have a job opening that is unique and which will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to help Maersk deliver quality, agile and resilient supply chains to its customers across the globe.
The Asset Strategy & Strategic Partnerships function (where this role is anchored) aim to achieve the right asset intensity to enable our growth and make sure we deliver quality customer outcomes regardless of asset ownership. As Category Manager you are pivotal in delivering said outcomes - and this is integral with the success of this role.
You will identify, qualify, and establish the global and regional MHE partners in consultation with key internal stakeholders.
You will also be executing MHE procurement strategies for warehousing sites. Ensuring that global partners are roped in for deploying MHE fleet at all locations meeting site go live dates and budgets.
Other key tasks will include:
- Lead negotiations for new site investments in compliance with procurement guidelines
- Framing and implementing favorable contractual terms and conditions for all deployments
- Keeping abreast of industry trends, technological advancements, and supplier capabilities
- Identifying areas for process improvement and implementing best practices
- Fleet rationalization for existing sites ensuring leverage, Total Cost of ownership and asset life cycle management
- Collaborating with various internal functions
- Building effective relationships internally and externally with strategic suppliers as appropriate to ensure the best results are achieved for the business. Build relationships with key suppliers at OEM and at local levels to ensure seamless understanding of Maersk interests.
- Supporting the Category by designing, developing, and deploying the warehousing MHE procurement category strategies in consultation with global and regional stakeholders
- Leading Digital and automation initiatives to simplify category visibility
- Driving the sustainability agenda
- Ability to bring market insights and regional dynamics into improving and incorporating flexibility in category strategies.
- Ability to Develop, standardize and scale up “Go to market” strategies with investment projects requiring MHE solutions
- Manage the asset database to ensure right procurement interventions, to optimize the fleet population in Maersk.
- Set up the right data points, drive data analysis and data driven decision making for the business
- Building pricing catalogues for standard MHEs and automated procurement process to maturity of self service.
What you bring
First and Foremost- You are passionate about Logistics and warehousing business and have demonstrated significant impact in your organizations.
A university degree within Business Administration, Supply Chain, or other relevant fields would be an advantage.
You have hands-on direct experience in setting up, procuring, and contracting large warehousing MHE deployments for International blue-chip logistics and manufacturing companies. Preferably experience from roles within warehouse material handling equipment Category Management, Sourcing and Procurement OR from global MHE suppliers.
- Have expert level understanding of how the global MHE supplier operate in various global markets and a good grasp of dealer network and how to deal with complex local dynamics by leveraging global relationships.
- Have experience hands on using digital procurement systems
- Have diverse and full life cycle experience within warehousing MHE solution Implementation space, from concept to go live to steady state operations and you fully understand and apply with ease the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) frameworks for capex and opex. You are expert in deriving the MHE solutions ownership models- Upfront capex, lease, or subscription models
- Have strong interpersonal skills and experiences, you find it easy to build relationships on all levels, both internally and externally
- Do not shy away from making decisions and providing your recommendation, and you can handle complex stakeholder matrix
- Have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work with people from different backgrounds
- Are comfortable with international travel up to approximately 25% per annum.
Maersk is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we embrace different styles of thinking. Maersk is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, colour, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or parental leave, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
We are happy to support your need for any adjustments during the application and hiring process. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, apply for a position, or to perform a job, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.