Manager Account Management
Manager Account Management
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Rotterdam, South Holland
- Additional Location(s)
- Schiphol-Rijk, North Holland
Are you a dynamic and results-driven people's leader with a passion for talent management and business growth? Join our team at C.H. Robinson, a global leader in logistics and supply chain solutions. As a Manager, you will play a pivotal role in nurturing and developing a high-performing team, optimizing client relationships, and driving strategic growth initiatives. Your responsibilities will span talent management, employee engagement, and business management, ensuring our company continues to thrive and meet its objectives.
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports through both formal and informal performance management, coaching and feedback, mentoring and training including regular portfolio reviews and stand ups
- Coach team members on how to identify, develop, track and measure continuous improvement opportunities with their accounts
- Manage merit, bonus, and equity programs for assigned team to align compensation with performance results
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to forecast talent needs, establish pipeline, recruit, select and onboard qualified and diverse talent
- Own employee engagement results and implement action plans to improve culture, engagement, collaboration, and a focus on diversity equity and inclusion initiatives
- Model the C.H. Robinson leadership principles and visibly leads and supports change management
- Together with talent management, also responsible for retaining and growing a customer portfolio of the region's large size clients
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement while ensuring account health and customer commitments are achieved, with an emphasis on increasing efficiency
- Understand and regularly review business and execution strategies, profitability, key performance indicators, and accounts receivables with account teams
- Accountable for direct client interaction to support growth, and serves as an escalation point to improve customer experience
- Provide guidance on pricing strategies including margin guidance and commitment level
- Address and understand market opportunities and trends, and how market conditions impact business performance and financials
- Actively leads and/or participates in various industry, community, and campus activities to enhance the C.H. Robinson brand
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of account management or equivalent experience within global forwarding
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading or managing teams
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestically)
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, relationship building, problem solving, and influencing skills
- Ability to remain focused and optimistic in the face of adversity and change
- Strong leadership skills in order to motivate, develop, empower, and energize others
- Demonstrated growth through sales and relationship building and negotiation
- Strong orientation of financial acumen with an ability to apply financial and operational data to assist in making sound business decisions.
- Broad market and industry knowledge and vertical expertise (if applicable)
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.