Technical Manager - Strategic Accounts
Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 8,400 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.
Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in Cambridge, UK, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications. The company’s European R&D center is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Darktrace has more than 2,400 employees located globally. Customers include public sector agencies, education institutions, media, organizations supplying critical infrastructure, and businesses of all sizes worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company, named one of TIME magazine’s “Most Influential Companies” for 2021 and one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022. For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit darktrace.com.
The Technical Manager is a senior member of our Strategic technical team. Darktrace is currently expanding its Strategic team to accommodate a rapidly growing customer base and accelerating revenue. This role is a dynamic and varied customer focused technical position. This role requires strong leadership skills, deep knowledge of the cyber security industry, and a passion for driving solution and technical excellence in the field of cyber security.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, inspire, and manage a team of technical specialists in the field of cyber security, providing clear direction and coaching to maximize their individual and collective potential
- Collaborate with the sales leadership team to develop sales strategies and create actionable plans to achieve revenue and growth objectives
- Drive sales results by fostering a high-performance culture, monitoring team performance metrics, and implementing strategies to meet or exceed POV and sales targets in the cyber security market
- Partner with our sales and customer success leadership throughout the customer lifecycle providing technical assistance and expertise to drive revenue and retention
- Evaluate and propose improvements to the technical sales process
- Manage performance and talent closely, ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to attract and retain top talent and manage performance at all levels
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience managing a pre-sales sales engineering team for a software organization
- Experience in a sales engineer or technical account manager role
- French, Spanish and/or Italian language strongly preferred
- Intimate knowledge with sales methodology and best practice
- Strong knowledge in both on-premise and cloud networking
- Experience within the cyber security industry strongly preferred
- Confident, polished communicator with a proven ability to build lasting, critical business relationships