Project Coordinator Interior
Is creating the perfect living and working quarters for employees on board the driver of your work? Do you have project management experience with a technical background in interior and accommodation systems and do you have knowledge of furniture and materials used in the marine industry? Does experience in finishing aspects of the interior characterize your work? Then we are looking for you, please apply!
In this position you steer a dedicated team to deliver a striking Interior. You lead the team to drive and attain targeted results within the set project constraints for schedule, quality, and cost. Your main focus is to manage the project and activities to ensure there is full compliance with the applicable requirements and specification. especially in this area you work in close connection to the entire project and project stakeholders.
If you enjoy taking part through the entire development process from tendering up to installation on board and final product acceptance and handover to the customer, then we are looking for you.
About Damen Offshore & Specialized Vessels
We deliver maritime projects for various markets like e.g. defense & security, public transport, offshore and dredging. Our projects are Engineered to Order (ETO). Which means we are involved throughout the project from the commercial phase, building the Project Management strategy, until commissioning, delivery and warranty.
This makes our work very challenging because the environment is complex and we have a lot of stakeholders. We work in close cooperation with various internal departments, (sub)contractors, teams on the shipyard and of course the client and her representatives.
So the main question is: are you up for a challenge?
The role of Project Coordinator Interior involves active engagement with our partners, engineering team, supply chain team, the yards and subcontractors. It includes activities related to the definition, procurement, engineering, interfacing, installation, verification, and acceptance of the relevant systems for large complex vessels. This to ultimately achieve a successful integration of the various systems into an effective vessel.
You are driven to make it happen, whilst ensuring stakeholder satisfaction and safeguarding Damen interests. You direct and manage the package(s) of systems in an integral manner, balancing safe work, completion of the project and maximizing profit within a complex environment.
We believe that as Project Manager you should be where the action is, which means you move with the project abroad, together with the project team.
As Project Coordinator Interior you should:
- Take ownership of the assigned package of system for the entire project to drive and attain targeted results within the set project constraints for schedule, quality, and cost;
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications, as imposed by our customer and Damen OSV;
- Organize and participate in project reviews and participate during contractual milestones, tests, and trials, such as FAT’s, HAT’s, and SAT’s, acting as the internal accepting party;
- Secure the planning, execution and synchronization of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the project team, thereby ensuring the proper integration of the related systems;
- Monitor and support actual progress with vendors and subcontractors for the package(s) of systems;
- Identify and timely communicate changes and deviations from the original bid;
- Assist in reviewing co-makers’ qualification and screen client specifications;
- Ensure the release of purchase orders & stage payments;
- Identify and review concessions, variations to contract requests and changes to subcontracts;
- Steer and motivate employees, contractors, and stakeholders.
Skills & experience
- At least higher vocational or academic level of thinking, in the field of interior;
- At least 5 years of project management experience in similar projects (shipbuilding, oil and gas, construction);
- Experience in working in an international organization;
- Proven ability to oversee and handle a variety of aspects and issues, regardless the nature (financial, HSSEQ, operational progress, commercial);
- Shows, by nature, a professional and balanced attitude. Fuels discussions that have to take place;
- Takes ownership and ensures accountability;
- Good command of the English language;
- Flexible in regards to dividing your working time between different offices and locations.
What we offer
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A salary matching your education and experience;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Travel allowance;
- Professional and personal development through training.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Gerard Eggink (Recruiter), 06-10 26 55 93