Project Engineer Services - Africa
Damen Services' mission is to support the sales organization of Damen in selling vessels by providing additional value in the form of services. The department gives substance to the concept of high quality and the generally higher cost of acquisition. After the sale of a ship, excellent services are delivered in order to increase the likelihood that a customer chooses Damen again to buy a ship for replacement or expansion.
At the operational level, the Services department maintains contact with clients and is the eyes and ears of the sales organization. Services provides a broad portfolio of services for the entire life cycle of a ship built by Damen. This includes the handling of warranty calls, providing training, providing spare parts, providing maintenance and perform modifications and repairs.
That is reflected in the behavior of its employees; they are always available, proactive, keeping their promises and always do more than is asked of them. Within the Services department the question is always: How do we make it happen?
As Project Engineer Services, you will join the Services Execution team. The Services Execution department has the primary responsibility to provide excellent warranty towards our customers.
In this position you will be part of Service Team Africa. You will mainly be working from the head office in Gorinchem (The Netherlands), but will also get the opportunity to make some short travels and meeting your clients in person.
- Evaluate incoming warranty requests from our customers;
- Provide customers with advice, both verbal and written;
- Coordinate, guide and monitor planned services activities, occasionally partly on location;
- Ensure proper (technical) preparation of the assignments (planning in time, personnel and budget).
Skills & experience
- Educational background (Vocation or Bachelor) in the field of Marof, Shipbuilding or Mechanical Engineering;
- Knowledge of various ship systems;
- You have great communication skills, are committed and customer-oriented and you have the Services mentality;
- You are a good planner and organizer, you always keep a good overview and you have an eye for quality;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both verbal and written;
- Knowledge of French would be an asset.
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development.
Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- an active social environment such as events and sports;
- a working from home policy.
Family-owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 35 shipyards in 13 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 10,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 2.5 billion euros and delivering over 100 ships in 2022.
The Services team is a close team that is going the extra mile for each other. Would you like to be part of this and contribute with your practical knowledge? Apply now via the application button.
When you have any questions, reach out to our Recruiter Ankie van Hees firstname.lastname@example.org.