Technical Specialist Electrical and Automation
Damen Offshore & Specialized Vessels.
We design and deliver maritime projects for various markets like Defense & Security, Public transport, Offshore and Dredging.
Our projects are Engineered to Order (ETO). Which means we are involved throughout the project, from the commercial phase and building strategy, until commissioning, delivery and warranty. This makes our work very challenging because the environment is complex and we have a lot of stakeholders.
We work in close cooperation with various internal departments, (sub)contractors, teams on the shipyard and of course the client and her representatives.
We do this with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry.
The role of Technical Specialist Electrical and Automation is involved throughout the entire process, however the main focus is on pre-contract & concept design in close collaboration with our Design and Proposal team on the one hand, and our Engineering team on the other. It includes activities related to concept design works or the validation thereof.
As a Technical Specialist you will also work actively on the standardization of systems & components, that will contribute to the platform strategy and therewith providing a competitive edge during the tender and execution phase. Your core tasks will consist of designing, configuring and assessing systems and components and overseeing these activities. Within the role you will mainly work in multi-disciplinary teams to make things happen.
- Independently assesses or co-create the (technical) specifications, technical drawings (e.g. General arrangement plan), calculations (including budgetary calculations), methodology / tooling choices & protocols during the commercial phase;
- Participate in design reviews during the Basic and Detailed Engineering to monitor quality;
- Identifying during the commercial phase potential risks in the engineering process and deliverables, and formulates proposals to mitigate these;
- Guides engineers in all phases in a consultative manner;
- Identifies, creates & implements possibilities to standardize systems / materials / components / tooling, in consultation with the internal stakeholders;
- Collates & processes product feedback from within the entire division and is responsible for initiating & embedding improvements.
Skills & experience
As a Technical Specialist Electrical and Automation you need to have:
- A higher vocational or academic level of thinking in the field of Electrical and Automation or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of proven work experience in a similar role;
- Recent experience with AutoCAD, PDM and ERP systems;
- Experience in (Model-Based) systems engineering is a pre;
- A pragmatic, approach to the issues at hand;
- Decisiveness and at the same time flexibility in your approach;
- A good command of the English language;
- A result-oriented attitude, with initiative.
What we offer
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- Competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Travel allowance;
- Pension allowance;
- Professional and personal development through training.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93.
Damen Mid-Sized Vessels does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.