Administrative Support Sales
Family owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 35 shipyards in 13 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 10,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 2,5 billion euros and delivering 100 ships in 2022.
The sales department is divided into 7 country groups, namely the Benelux, North, West & South Europe, East & South East Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. The diversity between sales activities and the consequent market approach in the 7 country groups is extensive because of the differences in product types, distribution, types of customers, collaboration with agents, political influences, government regulations, method of project funding etc.
As Administrative Support you will work closely with the colleagues from several sales teams (Middle East and Asia Pacific). There you will support in all common secretarial activities. These vary from preparing acquisition trips for the Sales Manager to one of his designated countries (booking flight and hotel, arranging visa, etc.) to administering and documenting sales opportunities, reviewing invoices and following up on web inquiries.
Required key capabilities include a positive, helpful and proactive attitude, customer sensitivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
Your activities and responsibilities as Administrative Support include:
- General support towards the Sales team.
- Responsible for confidential and commercial correspondence and documents in English.
- Preparing offers and tender submissions.
- Managing (input into) the digital sales system (think of inserting business cards into the system, managing invoices and reference lists to be kept updated).
- Organizing acquisition trips and justify expenses of the team digitally.
- Booking flights (with help of an external travel agency or independently via a system), booking hotels, arranging visa.
- Preparing and organizing meetings, company visits, events (think of invitation letters, transfers, lunch, meeting rooms).
- Supporting contractual preparations.
- Keep track of Services Provider Agreements and renewal processes.
- Follow up on (basic) sales enquiries that come in via the web and require more clarification.
- Taking care of DHL consignments and keep stock gifts and office supplies supplemented.
Skills & experience
You will deal with a number of sales processes at the same time, which requires a high level of efficiency, accuracy and excellent organisation skills. You need to feel comfortable interacting with a wide spectrum of people at all organizational levels.
Besides that, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- Relevant experience in a similar field of work.
- Excellent spoken and written command of English and Dutch.
- Ability to feel comfortable and work with people from different countries, cultures and different layers of society.
- Knowing how to anticipate workload and willing to take initiative.
- Representative, service oriented, flexible, decisive, team player, excellent organizational skills, reliable and accurate.
- Available for 4 days per week (32 hours).
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- a competitive salary
- at least 40 days of annual leave
- travel allowance
- profit sharing & pension allowance
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy
- an active social environment such as events and sports
When you have any questions, please reach out to our Recruiter Gerard Eggink (firstname.lastname@example.org).