IT Project Manager
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As an IT Project Manager at Damen Naval you play a pivotal role in the implementation of new IT solutions across our business landscape and optimizing our existing IT solutions. You strongly believe stakeholder management is paramount to the success of any project; both with the internal customer as well as the professionals in your IT department. Together with the customer you specify the required solution and deliverables. You also make the customer acutely aware of them being accountable for making business changes to fully leverage this solution once delivered. The projects you'll manage will encompass a broad spectrum, ranging from IT infrastructure enhancements to business-centric initiatives in Engineering applications, PLM, ERP, and digital collaboration platforms. While managing these projects, you will leverage your stakeholder manager skills to build collaborative teams comprised of different IT disciplines, each with their own priorities and planning.
As IT Project Manager you will:
- Drive IT projects end-to-end according to set KPI’s and with continued engagement of all stakeholders.
- Create detailed forecasts based on of required resources -budget, timelines and (external) resources- to validate proposals and to set KPI’s and the definition of done.
- Define the required capabilities over the project timeline and allocate (external) project members accordingly.
- Proactively monitor for risks threatening project’s success and mitigate accordingly.
- Identify and manage interdependencies with other projects to maintain seamless integration and execution.
- Report insights to stakeholders regarding project status, development, risks, and issues.
- Proactively advice and support the improvement of project (portfolio) management.
Skills & experience
To excel as IT Project Manager, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Proven success delivering IT Project within complex enterprise environments with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills to create buy-in and strong commitment.
- Sound knowledge of PMBOK and/or Prince2, Agile/Scrum, and with working experience in Waterfall and Agile/Scrum projects.
- Relevant Master or Bachelor degree, preferably complemented with Project Management qualifications.
- Good command of the Dutch and English Language, written & verbal. Knowledge of the German language is a plus.
- Ability to frequently work onsite at our offices in Vlissingen and Schiedam.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of IT Project Manager, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1