Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
At Gradyent we're looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team.
About the job
Providing heating and cooling for homes, buildings and industry accounts for roughly 50% of global energy consumption. Smart production, exchange, and consumption of heat in heating grids is the most significant opportunity for cities and industries to decarbonise. Yet, as heating grids transform towards renewables, they become increasingly complex and require a new approach to control and design.
Gradyent is a leading software provider that helps cities and heavy industry decarbonise faster by digitising, optimising, and transforming their heat networks with our Digital Twin. We are scaling the platform globally and looking for a driven Quality Assurance Engineer to support our product team.
What you will do
As a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, you will be part of the Application team, a multidisciplinary team building the customer-facing part of our Digital Twin product. You will play a key role in the team ensuring that the quality of our product meets the required standards. You will also have opportunities to design and improve the quality assurance process, bring your ideas about QA strategy, tooling, and increase the overall quality of our product.
Some of your responsibilities include:
• Designing, developing and executing automation tests as well as manual tests
• Identifying, recording, and prioritising bugs
• Performing regression testing
• Continuously increasing the maturity of the QA in general, involving functional and non-functional testing
• Refining and improving our test strategy to fit our product goals
• Supporting the integration of the testing in the CI/CD
• Alignment and collaboration with internal teams
What You Bring
• Experience as a QA Engineer, with proficiency in both manual and automation testing.
• A strong understanding of software quality, including static quality checks and dynamic testing, both functional and non-functional.
• A strong understanding of the software engineering lifecycle.
• Understanding of programming languages, Java is preferred.
• Experience with testing tools and automation frameworks, like Selenium and Cucumber.
• General knowledge of web applications, HTTP, sessions, cookies, etc.
• Ability to analyse complex systems and identify potential issues.
• Attention to detail, ensuring that all aspects of the software product are thoroughly tested.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with developers, product managers, or other stakeholders.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and changing scope.
• Strong personal development skills, open to feedback, and embracing opportunities to grow.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Gradyent, we support a growth mindset for our teams through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
What We Offer
A very ambitious scale-up: raised Series A from an international consortium of investors in the sustainable energy industry, on the path to series B.
- The chance to have a direct impact on sustainability and energy transition.
- An international, inspiring environment of brilliant, fun, creative professionals. A fast, dynamic and high-performance culture open to new ideas and full of learning opportunities.
- A competitive salary with a variable incentive (SAR) on top.
- An excellent benefits package including an NS business card and fantastic team events.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Quality Assurance Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!