HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest mid-term rental platform. With Kamernet and Studapart under its umbrella, it represents three fast-growing brands with over 30 million yearly unique visitors combined, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants securing their new homes, based on the 2022 performance. HousingAnywhere serves young professionals and students, primarily aged between 18 and 35, connecting them with accommodation providers. Through its advanced technology platform, tenants rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months outside of their country of origin. Headquartered in Rotterdam, HousingAnywhere operates in most European cities and recently expanded to key cities in the US, establishing a presence in over 125 cities. Driven by the mission to enable people to live wherever and however they choose, thanks to a flexible renting experience, the technology scale-up employs 340 professionals globally.
Rent Easy, Live Free. We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
- We are Enablers
- We are Changemakers
- We are Connectors
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the rental housing industry while embodying our values of innovation, collaboration, customer-centricity, transparency and ownership. Business operations team is a diverse and dynamic team focused on improving the operational efficiency and cost effectiveness of the internal teams such as marketing, sales, customer solutions and finance teams. We also support and enhance the payments platform in HousingAnywhere. The Business Operations team consists of ten members, including an engineering manager, a product manager, a UX designer , frontend engineers and backend engineers
- You understand that your day-to-day job will involve developing and maintaining features using Go programming language
- Collaborates with the product teams to build solutions that are scalable, observable, and reusable
- You are expected to draft the technical specifications for the projects you are responsible for and own the end-to-end delivery of the same.
- Typically more than 3 years of software development experience building distributed systems
- Background focused in backend engineering
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL) is a great strength
- You have experience in designing and building simple Restful API used by many different teams/developers
- Experience with GRPC, Protobuf is a strong advantage
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a strong advantage
- Experience with DDD, Event-Driven architecture is a strong advantage
- You have built simple distributed systems in the past and are willing to solve complex distributed problems.
- Interested in new technologies and you continuously seek to improve yourself and others.
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance (if applicable).
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.