Intern Communication Office
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
Intern Communication Office
The Communication Office is crucial in enhancing the Institute's profile both internally and externally and in achieving its advocacy and student acquisition targets. Our policy is one of openness and cooperation with all our partners and other audiences. New technology involving social media applications, web and audio-visual productions are central to this policy, as well as more traditional functions such as producing brochures, infographics and advisory tasks. The Communication Office also assists the Rectorate of the Institute in communicating decisions internally and strategic information. A motivated and enthusiastic team is important and all members are expected to help out whenever needed.
We offer you a dynamic international and professional working environment, with a challenging opportunity for hands-on experience. You will join IHE Delft’s dynamic multicultural Communication Office team and support in a wide variety of tasks, including creating website content, social media posts and materials to engage our diverse alumni community and to attract students to our programmes. In addition, our portfolio includes internal communication, so you will gain insights in a comprehensive range of communication activities.
Under the supervision and the guidance of Communication Adviser – Social Media and other team members:
- Assist with content planning, development and deployment for IHE Delft's digital assets
- Collaborate with our researchers to develop sticky social media content
- Develop engaging copy and visual design for our various social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Monitor and respond to comments and messages on social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor social media analytics and provide reports on performance metrics such as engagement, reach and impressions.
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends, tools, and best practices and recommend ways to improve our social media presence.
- You are at least in the third year of your undergraduate degree programme or pursuing a master’s degree in the field of journalism, communication, marketing, international development, international relations, social science or a related field
- You are a good writer with strong verbal communication skills. You have some prior experience writing articles or other communication material.
- You are comfortable working in an international environment
- You are able to communicate effectively in English (B2-C1 level)
- You are social media savvy and have an interest in content creation (photo, video and editing)
- You can work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- You are organised and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail
Terms of employment
You must be a student registered in an education program in Europe, and the internship must be a mandatory part of your study. This internship position is for at least a period of 5 - 6 months (according to the guidelines of the necessary study requirements). We provide a monthly remuneration of euro €300,- gross per month based on 38 hours per week.
Information and application
Applications (in English) including curriculum vitae, motivation letter, and portfolio can be attached after you click ''apply''. We will be looking at applications as they come in and will close the vacancy when we have found someone suitable.
Successful candidates will have to pay for their own travel to the Netherlands and accommodation. For information about doing an internship in the Netherlands please visit: https://www.studyinholland.nl/dutch-education/doing-an-internship
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.