Industry Marketing Mgr Consum Packaging
Are you looking for a strategic position where you will be responsible for driving growth? And are you experienced in marketing or product management within the Consumer Packaging Industry? Do you want to work in a leading international company within its field, in an environment where professional and personal growth is encouraged? Welcome to LyondellBasell…
This is LyondellBasell
As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
This is the role
In this role of Industry Marketing Manager Consumer Packaging you will be responsible for the regional Polyolefins strategy in the target end market of Consumer Packaging (Flexible and Rigid). You will define and own the value proposition for the target end market and align with Commercial Managers, Pricing Managers, Application Development/Technical Service, Asset Planning & Optimization and Sales. Build a strong network across the value chain; identifying unmet application customer needs and partnering with Application Development (AD)teams to convert into new product development as well as defining related price strategy for new products in collaboration with Commercial Marketing. In this highly visible role with cross-regional and cross-functional interactions, individual will lead efforts to create strategic guidance for organization to grow the sales and profitability of target market through innovation and(in-)organic growth.
Some of the key activities are:
- Develop and maintain detailed analysis of relevant sub-market segments by identifying key drivers and stakeholders throughout the value chain, competitive forces, and winning customer/product portfolios.
- Understand inter-material replacement and megatrends impacting end-market. Develop deep understanding of target end market including trends, consumer preferences driving growth, customer needs and competitive dynamics.
- Define strategy by sub-market segments and coordinate strategy implementation process together with all internal stakeholders (AD, R&D, commercial management, sales, business development)
- Develop industry network and manage strategic partnerships with external stakeholders (brand-owners, machinery makers, regulators, strategic distributors and co-manufacturers, industry associations, industry researchers)
- Define value proposition, initial price strategy, global initial launch price point and initial volumes for new products in the target market sub-segments.
- Coordinate the development of meaningful ammunition packages (together with AD, business development and marketing communication) to be used in marketing communication activities, such as industry/ customer seminars, conferences, social media presence (together with marketing communication)
- Provide support to all launches of new products and releases for both internal and external markets, maintain knowledge of competitor related activities and ensure adherence to customer requirements.
The preferred work location is our Rotterdam office.
This is who you are
To be successful in this role you must recognize yourself in the following profile:
You are a marketing professional with a proven track record of delivering successful marketing plans from analysis through to implementation. You have relevant industry know-how to manage business strategies effectively. You understand how businesses work and how they are influenced by current and future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information. You know your competition and how to use strategies and tactics to gain an edge in the marketplace.
You are also a skilled negotiator who can prepare, analyze, and support your arguments with facts and data. You have a strong drive for results and work with passion and urgency. You seek opportunities to improve results and processes in a proactive way. You contribute to the goals and profitability of the company. Furthermore you are a strategic thinker who can see ahead clearly and anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. You are future oriented and can paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods. You can create and execute competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
This is what you bring
- University: Master or Bachelor degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in marketing or product management within the Consumer Packaging Industry
- Good technical understanding of polyolefins products as well as alternative products and solutions in the Food Consumer Packaging industry (Flexible and/or Rigid).
- Experience with Packaging development and/or Packaging marketing.
- Project exposure or Project Management experience
- Basic IT capabilities (e-mail, SAP R3, EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT).
- Fluent in English, one or more other European languages helpful
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to three days a week from home. LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.
Please feel free to contact Manoe Koningstein (Talent Acquisition Consultant) at manoe.koningstein@ lyondellbasell.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button. Only applications through this application button will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment process consists of an initial phone screening and two business interviews before proceeding to a possible job offer. A background check will be part of the process.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.