Computer Science Intern
MIMETAS is looking for an enthusiastic intern to support our Bioproduction in the Leiden area, the Netherlands, starting February 2024 for at least 6 months. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting in automating some of the bioproduction process and manufacturing data analysis. You will work in a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and biologic production operators that bring cutting-edge scientific products to researchers worldwide.
MIMETAS disrupts 21st-century drug development by bringing organ-on-a-chip-based human disease models to the core of drug research. We leverage our OrganoPlate® platform for drug discovery and development. MIMETAS markets her technology in risk-sharing collaborations, services, and product solutions to pharmaceutical companies and research institutes across the globe. MIMETAS fosters an open, international culture where fun and passion go hand-in-hand with hard work and creativity with over a hundred colleagues. Our headquarters are in the Leiden area (NL) with branches in Enschede (NL), Tokyo (Japan), and Gaithersburg (MD, US).
Your tasks will include
- Optimizing, validating and standardizing workflows to produce OrganoPlate® organ-on-chip models;
- Scale-up and automation with strong focus on the technical aspects;
- Design, create and optimize user-friendly interfaces;
- Analysis and reporting of results and making recommendations to improve the processes.
- You have experience with experimental design for assay development and statistical analysis;
- You have a strong interest in the technical side of scientific and biological questions;
- You have experience or interest in quality or reliability engineering such as statistical process control;
- You have affinity with lab automation and computer programming;
- You are analytical, detail-oriented, well-organized, and a good communicator;
- You have a motivated, flexible and positive work attitude;
- You speak and write proficiently in English;
- Previous experience with the OrganoPlate® is a plus;
- Experience or interest with Lean or Six Sigma is a plus;
- Interest or experience in automation engineering and data science such as machine learning and big data analytics;
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment and able to handle working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A challenging position in an international, fast-growing high-tech environment;
- Excellent facilities and freedom to work independently;
- Opportunity to gain experience in a leading biotech company;
- A fun team with colleagues from all over the world who love what they do.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply with your application letter and resume in English via
our website https://mimetas.easycruit.com. We will only take applications via this site into
consideration. We do not appreciate recruiter solicitations in response to this vacancy.