Medior Risk Model Developer
As a Medior Risk Model Developer we provide you with an excellent and unique opportunity to work with most advanced modelling techniques as well as wide spectrum of modelled risks from credit and equity to longevity and persistency as well as challenges of aggregation.
What you’re going to do
You will make an impact by becoming part of the Intern Model program within NN Group. The purpose of the program is to further improve the Internal Model by exploring and testing different options (even the most crazy ones), choosing the one that fits the best the risk profile and business needs and then implementing it.
- Participate in the brainstorming discussions on possible developments of the model, using your expertise, skills and creativity
- Help in initial assessment of the impact of the proposed change including checking SCR impact, data requirements and operational and reporting consequences
- Be part of the development team implementing the change. Participating in all the stages of the process from defining the data requirement to answering to Model Validation questions
- Ensure smooth handover of the model updates to the other teams
What we offer you
NN invests in an inclusive, inspiring work environment and in skills and competences for the future. We match this with employee benefits that are in line with what is needed today and in the future. This way, we offer our employees the opportunity to get the best out of themselves. We offer you:
- Salary between €4204,- and €6006,- (based on 40 hours) depending on your knowledge and experience
- 13th month and holiday allowance are paid with your monthly salary
- 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week and one Diversity Day
- A modern pension administered by BeFrank
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities
- NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel, also privately. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled
- Allowances for setting up your home office and for internet use
We work hybrid at NN. Together with your team, you decide where, how and when you work. The official location of this job is The Hague
Who you are
- Qualified in econometrics, actuarial science, quantitative finance, or have a technical background
- You have a strong mathematical and problem solving skills and want to develop your understanding of the Internal Model further
- With some years of experience (i.e. 2 - 4 years of experience)
- Excellent basic modelling skills and eager to develop these skills further. Experience with R or Python is a plus
- Good communication skills, verbal and written – ability to communicate complex issues simply
Who you will work with
You will become part of the Internal Model project team of NN Group Risk Models & Analytics department (RM&A). Currently the program is staffed with 2-3 core colleagues that report directly to the Head of RM&A. The Head of RM&A reports directly to the NN Group CRO and is the Single Point of Contact for Internal Model-related matters towards the Dutch Central Bank.
The RM&A team is a department in the Group Risk organization. The department is responsible for the Internal Model-related activities (e.g. model governance, risk reporting and risk systems development).
If you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out to David Six, Project Manager, via David.Six@nn-group.com. Any questions about the process can be directed to Joyce van der Burg, Recruiter, Joyce.van.der.Burg@nn-group.com
This is a permanent position. A candidate will receive a contract from NN and we are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or candidates or recruitment agencies. Thank you very much for your understanding.