Senior Operations Engineer
Netcompany was founded in 2000 and has its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. Today, we are an international company with more than 7,400 employees working from 17 countries. We serve a wide array of customers in their digital transformation journeys in public and private sectors across Europe.
In the Netherlands, we work with 175 professionals on innovative projects, especially for the central government. This includes various ministries such as Finance, SZW and organizations such as RIVM, Studielink and NVM. Curious about examples of our projects? Ga naar: www.netcompany.com/nl/cases.
Continue your development with us
In Netcompany we focus on your personal and professional development. We offer a structured career model where you can build upon the experiences you bring with you.
When you join us, you will be assigned a personal mentor who will be your sparring partner for your ongoing development as well as for your personal and professional goals. The close relationship with an experienced colleague in the leadership group provides you with concrete insights into the various business areas and responsibilities that match your interests and wishes.
Furthermore, you will participate in our training program, Netcompany Academy, where you will be offered courses and seminars tailored to your career stage. All courses are taught by experienced Netcompany colleagues, ensuring that all content is highly relevant and builds upon your expertise. Participating alongside colleagues from across the company also creates a strong network and provides a solid foundation for your career at Netcompany, both professionally and socially.
As a Senior Operations Engineer you will work in an agile environment. From day one you will take a lot of responsibility and you play an important role in establishing and optimizing existing and future solutions, while at the same time being in direct contact with our customers and our development teams. With all your knowledge you fulfill an exemplary role and you are a source of information for the rest of the team. You are enthusiastic about designing, implementing and maintaining web applications and you want to work with the latest technology and give direction to our DevOps tooling and procedures.
As a Senior Operations Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Managing one or more business-critical systems, ensure continuous and correct monitoring and ensure backups. This also includes scripting and tuning the platform
- Collaborating with other team members on security, problem solving, and process optimization as well as participate in safety testing and incident, problem and change management
- Contributing to operation projects such as large-scale technology transitions, including planning and implementing specific operational tasks
- Using and implementing a wide variety of open source technologies and various tools
- Maintaining cloud based environments for various projects based on Microsoft and open source technologies such as Azure SQL, CRM and others
- Participating in project work, as a part of development cycle, providing high level of availability of applications and systems based on project and SLA requirements
- Responding to customer requests, change management, incidents etc. based on ITIL practices
- Coaching and guiding the juniors within the team
As a Senior Operations Engineer at Netcompany:
- You have completed a technical study at a university or a university of applied sciences
- You have a number of years of experience as a system or operations engineer in a cloud environment
- You want to be part of a team and support with your own specialization
- Being up to date with new technologies and knowledge-sharing is important to you
- You are structured and able to organize your time
- You need to be proficient in English, both written and spoken
- You have a passion for Cloud and learning new things and have experience with the technologies below:
- DevOps mindset
- Kubernetes (AKS, GKE, EKS)
- IaC (with Terraform)
- Scripting languages (Bash, Powershell)
- Cloud security principles
- Docker, Ansible and much more
Be a part of an inclusive community
At Netcompany, we prioritise community highly. We actively promote an open and welcoming work culture that is built on collaboration and trust, and where there is always room for mutual sparring and support.
It is part of our culture and values that all employees, irrespective of backgrounds, identities, and experiences, are met with understanding and respect, as well as equal opportunities for development and well-being.
You will have the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues from various cultures and nationalities, as we are an international company with offices in many countries.
We provide a shared environment where we engage with each other across departments and projects. Additionally, we offer a wide range of social and professional events that provide you with the best opportunities to expand and build a network already early in your career.
You will also receive from us:
- Depending on your work experience, a gross monthly salary between € 2,850 and € 5,800 based on full-time employment
- 25 vacation days based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Bike and Fitness scheme
- 100% travel allowance based on public transport. Are you coming by car? Then you will be reimbursed € 0.23 per kilometer up to 40 km one way
- A pension scheme in which Netcompany takes care of 2/3 of the premium
- A mobile phone and laptop
Send us an application
Upload your CV and a motivated cover letter to our recruitment system via the link. If you haven't received answers to all your questions, feel free to reach out to Lan Sun Yang on +31 625 106 653 or send your CV to email@example.com.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment that welcomes every individual. Our recruitment processes are based on individual merit. If you require any reasonable adjustments or additional support during the interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, gender expression, sexuality, disabilities, age, religion and beliefs, political beliefs, nationality, ethnic or social background. #LI-MN1