Sales Manager Insitutional Sales NL
The Sales Team covering the Netherlands is one of the most successful sales teams in the Robeco organization. The team is responsible for institutional and wholesale clients Robeco’s domestic market that is of critical strategic importance to the firm.
Considering the emphasis on our home market and our expansion potential driven by our leading position in the area of sustainability investing, we are aiming to hire
Senior Sales Manager covering Netherlands
The ideal candidate for the role is a team player, who is very service oriented and has a proven track record of understanding our clients’ needs and addressing these in a thoughtful and effective manner.
The successful candidate will be based in Rotterdam and report to the Head of Sales Netherlands.
Position & Requirements
- Further develop the current wholesale and institutional business by leveraging your own network and Robeco’s brand recoginition
- Analyze and address (prospective) clients’ needs, ie needs from perspective of Pension Funds and Insurance companies within the institutional client segment of the market and needs from perspective of Private Banks, Asset Managers, Independent Asset Managers and Family Offices in the wholesale segment of market.
- Follow a consultative selling approach that is based on developing and selling solutions rather than merely pushing existing products;
- Have a deep understanding of the financial Institutions and their strategies; and consequently, be able to leverage the key specialists and cooperate with relevant members of the team
- Assess and develop new opportunities and identify emerging sales trends
- Be able to demonstrate dedication to the company and colleagues and drive individual and team key performance indicators and contribute to delivering the team’s annual sales targets
- Cooperate across departments with Investment Specialists, Portfolio Management, Marketing, Client Servicing and Legal & Compliance
- You are a strong and passionate personality, enjoy working within a highly energetic and committed team
- You have over 5 years of asset management experience and proven skills in selling investment solutions and strategies
- You have a broad network of key decision makers in the institutional and/or wholesale market in the Netherlands
- You have a strong track record in client acquisition and relationship management and developing new and existing relationships with asset owners and distributors in the Netherlands
- You have demonstrable knowledge of the asset management industry, clients, strategy, sales process and have sufficient technical know-how necessary to run client conversations on the various aspects of financial markets
- You have experience or a strong interest & conviction in sustainability investing
- You have a VBA or CFA designation or interest to follow one of these educations and acquire one of the designations
- You are highly engaged, proactive, goal-orientated and structured, and you have the ability to work independently
- You are a strong negotiator and be able to create relevance for the client
- You are a strong presenter and communicator
- You are a collaborative team player
- You are a native Dutch speaker, full professional proficiency in English
We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, goal oriented senior individual with a track record of achieving successful results in an investment sales function. A high degree of self-motivation, autonomous working, quality awareness are among your strengths. Furthermore, you should have a strong client and sales orientation, consultative selling and great communication and presentation skills. If you also are comfortable with the concept of sustainable investing, then we are looking forward to meeting you.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Assessment and integrity check may be part of the selection process.
Robeco is a pure-play international asset manager founded in 1929 with headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and 16 offices worldwide. A global leader in sustainable investing since 1995, its integration of sustainable as well as fundamental and quantitative research enables the company to offer institutional and private investors an extensive selection of active investment strategies, for a broad range of asset classes. As at 31 December 2021, Robeco had EUR 201 billion in assets under management, of which EUR 195 billion is committed to sustainable investments. Robeco is a subsidiary of ORIX Corporation Europe N.V. More information is available at www.robeco.com.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. An assessment and integrity test may be used in the selection procedure.
Robeco Recruiting Team