Structural Hull - Discipline Lead Engineer
STRUCTURAL HULL DISCIPLINE LEAD ENGINEER
SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product lifecycle. The Company is a market leader in leased floating production systems with multiple units currently in operation and has unrivalled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turnkey sale basis.
SBM Offshore owns and operates the world’s largest fleet of FPSO’s which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day. SBM Offshore has five Regional Centers, eleven operational shore bases, joint ventures with several construction yards and an offshore fleet of vessels, with a total worldwide staff of 7000 employees. SBM Schiedam B.V. is one of SBM’s Regional Centers and is mainly involved in the FEED of FPSO’s and FLNG’s and EPCI delivery of FPSO’s.
It is our goal and driving ambition to be the trusted partner of choice, delivering reliable and complete floating production solutions that create value for SBM Offshore’ s clients, by sustainably and passionately leveraging the Company’s technology and operating experience.
The structural discipline consists of Structural Topside engineers and Structural Hull engineers. The Structural discipline provides Structural Engineering to the Group Product Lines, which contains studies, proposals, technology development, Pre-FEED projects, FEED projects and EPCI projects. The Structural Hull Engineer within SBM is responsible for:
- Strength verifications of tanker conversions and new build hulls of FPSO projects.
- Structural and naval design of tanker conversions and new build hulls of FPSO projects.
- Support to the Technology Development department for FPSO and Renewable product lines in bringing new products and technology to the market.
- Support to the vessel acquisition department in the selection of donor tankers for conversion to FPSO and Renewable projects.
- Coordination and execution 3D drawings of hull structure and marine equipment of the FPSO.
- Offshore inspection of tankers and yard support during conversion & new build projects.
Currently we are looking for a Structural Hull Discipline Lead Engineer to reinforce the Structural discipline.
In your role of Discipline Lead Engineer you are primary responsible for leading the Structural Hull team. The team consists of structural hull engineers and structural hull designers. You and your team will be responsible to provide structural analysis, 3D modelling, construction drawings and construction support for offshore units. You will be interfacing with clients, project management, other disciplines, procurement, construction, classification bureau's and subcontractors. You are responsible for the project budget, progress and quality of your discipline scope.
You may also work as a principal structural hull engineer.
SBM Schiedam is looking for candidates who have an MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in Offshore Structures / Naval Architecture with the specialism of structural analysis of floating structures. You have approximately 10 years of relevant working experience in the field of floating structural design, of which 3 years in the leading role.
Furthermore you have:
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of floating structure design process, from the conceptual phase to the construction phase.
- Good experience and technical knowledge of structural analysis of global and local hull structures.
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e. ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds).
- Experience in Engineering & Design of floating units in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Knowledge of structural interfaces with related disciplines i.e. mooring structure integrations, topside Integrations and other equipment integrations.
- Preferably you have experience with ABS hull software ISE/TSA and finite element software FEMAP
- Preferably you have experience with MS Visual Basic programming.
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written)
We offer a well rewarding job, in a motivated team dedicated to the on-time, in budget delivery of our projects. You could be travelling (intercontinental) depending on project requirements and given the opportunity for personal and professional growth by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Our office is easy to access by car and by public transport.
Acquisition related to this vacancy is not appreciated.