Engineering Project Manager - Schiedam (C)
SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
The Engineering Project Management department is a team of experienced professionals who are assigned to projects to manage the technical scope of the project and to ensure the technical scope is executed in compliance to contractual requirements, internal and external codes, standards and regulations within budget and schedule.
As the Brownfield Engineering Project Manager you are responsible for the development of the engineering planning for a project and for executing the engineering work within schedule and budget. You take responsibility for the Topside and/ or Vessel design integrity and selected technical solutions.
The Brownfield Engineering Project Manager works as part of the project management team and in close cooperation with the client and classification society, all in coordination with the Project Manager. Furthermore, you will work in close cooperation with internal stakeholders such as Operations, Planning, Supply Chain, Engineering departments and others and you will develop and implement the lessons learned.
As the scope is focused on Brownfield projects for SBM units, you will ensure that the engineering team understand and respects the key parameters of the original design, while implementing a solution that consider offshore work scopes in an operating unit where a safe and efficient execution is essential to the success of the project. Particularly the execution of the offshore construction work requires significant attention. Process safety and execution risks are to be balanced and considered in the design.
Furthermore, (among other activities) you will:
- Define and control of the Engineering scope of work
- Develop the Engineering part of the Brownfield Project Execution Plan (budget and planning of the engineering scope)
- Assemble the engineering team in consultation with the Department Managers and Lead Engineers
- Manage the execution of the engineering scope in compliance with the original design, contract, applicable rules & regulation, internal systems & standards, resulting in a safe, operable and cost effective design
- Organize design reviews and implement review results
- Obtain relevant approvals and certifications (client, class, etc)
SBM Schiedam is looking for candidates who have a BSc. or MSc. within any relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Process, Mechanical, Marine, Structural). You have at least 10 years of Engineering experience, which includes experience on-site, as a discipline lead, as well as international experience in multi-disciplinary projects. You have experience with Brownfield work, preferably offshore.
Furthermore you have the following skills and experience:
- Team Management experience
- Construction and Brownfield engineering experience is a must
- Experience with FPSO is preferred
- Broad knowledge of different offshore systems, ideally Topsides and Vessel
- Well-developed commercial and contractual awareness
- Willingness to travel (the position is based in Schiedam, but frequent travel is required)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally.
What we offer
We offer you a job with a high level of diverse tasks and responsibilities in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and challenging opportunities for growth.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.