Fleet Training and Competencies Manager - Region 3
SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
The Training and Competency Manager will be responsible for the timely implementation and management of the Competence Assurance Standard for the nominated projects. The primary focus of this role is to ensure that Operation Readiness personnel possess the required behaviours, knowledge, and skills to execute their roles effectively when entering operations, contributing to the safe and efficient operations of the FPSO. The Training and Competency Manager will leverage digital tools and methodologies to design, monitor, and continuously improve the Competence Assessment Program.
- Manage Region 3 Training and Competency Department.
- Responsible for managing the team composed of training lead and Coordinator, Competency Leads, Logistic Coordinator and Operations Readiness Instructors.
- Responsible to assign resources to projects.
- Coordinate/maintain planning of instructors across projects (as identified by the Competency Leads), including assistance required from Region 1 & Region 2.
- Maintain Library of Region 3 generic Training and Competency documents.
- Define and develop new competence assessment tables required for new competencies within the approved competency framework.
- Detail a CAS execution plan based on the Competency Matrix
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the training, self-study of manuals as well as unit and systems familiarization leading up to the competence assessment execution.
- Perform Competence Assessments within own discipline and ensure other discipline experts are called upon as required to achieve the milestones agreed.
- Bowtie & Critical Operations mapping with Process Safety team (for individual projects).
Digitalization and Continuous Improvement:
- Leverage digital tools and technology to create a streamlined and efficient Competence Assessment Program execution.
- Explore and integrate digital platforms for competency tracking, data analysis, and reporting.
- Continuously review and enhance the program based on feedback and evolving project needs.
- Identify opportunities to automate certain aspects of the assessment process to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Lead/develop non standard programs e.g. Yellowtail accelerated ramp up; M2 (late) onboarding; building the right culture
- Manage deviation process across all projects.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Collect and analyze data from competence assessments to identify trends, strengths, and areas for improvement.
- Generate comprehensive reports and presentations to share assessment findings with management and stakeholders.
- Use data-driven insights to make informed decisions and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Report on T&C status across all projects.
Training and Development:
- Collaborate with training teams to identify training needs based on competence assessment results.
- Provide recommendations for development plans to bridge competence gaps.
- Coordinate with training providers to ensure alignment between competence assessment outcomes and training curricula.
- Propose to remove or replace obsolete trainings.
- Support to develop Facility Specific Trainings in areas identified.
- Liaise with Operations Readiness Managers, OIMs, department heads, Client and any key stakeholders to implement and drive the Competence Assessment program as per the plan.
- Provide regular updates on assessment progress, results, and trends.
- Address stakeholder queries and concerns related to training and competence assessment.
- Take part in Audits leading up to first oil and address any audit findings related to the competence assessment program.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- STCW COC as Chief Engineer or Master Mariner may serve as alternative
- Minimum of 10 years of offshore experience some of which should be covering an instructor / assessor type of experience.
- Proven track record of implementing or executing competency assessment programs, preferably in a digitalized environment.
- Familiarity with competency frameworks, industry standards, and regulations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and generate meaningful insights.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities to engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in utilizing digital tools and software for program development, data analysis, and reporting.
- Willingness to work on onshore rotation and offshore trips on a worldwide basis.
- Willingness to develop and expand area of expertise to be able to perform a broader range of the assessments required.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.