Senior IT Service Manager, Hybrid
About the Role
We’re the world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services, headquartered in Belgium. We are the way the world moves value – across borders, through cities and overseas. No other organization can address the scale, precision, pace and trust that this demands, and we’re proud to support the global economy.
We’re unique too. We were established to find a better way for the global financial community to move value – a reliable, safe and secure approach that the community can trust, completely. We’re always striving to be better and are constantly evolving in an ever-changing landscape, without undermining that trust. Five decades on, our vibrant community reflects the complexity and diversity of the financial ecosystem. We innovate diligently, test exhaustively, then implement fast. In a connected and exciting era, our mission has never been more relevant. Swift now has a presence in 200+ countries and legal territories to serve a community of more than 12,000 banks and financial institutions.
- Are you motivated by the challenge of spearheading a transformative journey in IT Service Management, establishing IT Service management foundations?
- Are you ready to be a catalyst for change, shaping the future to become a service-oriented organization?
- Do you enjoy fostering alignment among a diverse set of global stakeholders?
Joining Swift as a Senior IT Service Manager offers an exceptional opportunity to lead the development and management of our IT service management function from inception to business-as-usual (BAU) state. You'll play an integral part in driving this transformation. By applying for this role, you'll be part of an innovative and forward-thinking organization committed to delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. You'll work with a diverse and inclusive team, collaborate with senior stakeholders from various backgrounds across a global organization, and contribute to an equitable work environment. Your impact will be felt as you enhance IT service delivery, align services with strategic objectives, and implement inclusive practices at every step of the journey. If you're a dedicated IT professional ready to make a meaningful impact, we encourage you to apply for this pivotal role at Swift.
Join the Technology Platform team at SWIFT, to contribute in driving operational excellence and resilience, while building a future-fit platform for the global financial industry.
Our company progresses on making international transactions faster, smarter and better, in a constantly changing world and a competitive marketplace. New client value offerings (eg. innovation in the cross-border payments landscape), new technologies are embedded in our solutions, while our technology infrastructure and capabilities undergo transformation.
Relentless focus on the reliability and resiliency of our services and platform, is of key to sustaining our community’s trust in SWIFT. SWIFT has a solid track record in terms of operational excellence (availability, reliability, security, data confidentiality, integrity…) as well as in performing strongly under exceptional circumstances, thanks to thorough issue prevention, extensive problem management capabilities, including deep expertise, a large tooling set, proven processes, and stakeholder communication.
Nevertheless, in the context of change and transformation sketched above, the company has a strong need to define and standardize our services offering and services catalogue, across platform and application layers, to achieve more effective approaches to change management, monitoring capabilities, security and resilience, and continued operational excellence.
What to expect
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement transformative IT service management strategies and frameworks that align with the company's objectives, laying the foundation for a robust program.
- Collaborate with senior-level stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to understand their needs and expectations, translating these into IT service solutions.
- Aide in transitioning our organization to be more service oriented, leading this change from the inception to a BAU state.
- Drive continuous improvement in IT service processes, utilizing industry best practices, while fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Partner with the senior-level stakeholders to define key performance indicators (KPIs) that reflect our commitment to diversity and inclusion while measuring the effectiveness of IT services.
- Driving the development and adoption to ITIL best practices for service management throughout the organization.
- Identifying and mitigating risks to ensure the security and reliability of our services.
What will make you successful?
We are seeking professionals with:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in IT service management,
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities to engage effectively with diverse senior stakeholders (both technical and non-technical).
- In-depth knowledge of IT service management principles, ITIL framework, and industry standards, with a focus on equity and inclusion.
- Ability to draft robust IT service policies and frameworks to then socialize across the organization for seamless adoption.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve service issues.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to align IT services with the company's strategic goals.
- Experience working in an Agile environment. Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence is advantageous.
- You are a team player and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to drive this transformation.
- High level of autonomy and self-motivation.
- Master's or MBA degree preferred.
- Industry-recognized certifications such as ITIL is a plus.
What we offer
- We put you in control of your career
- We give you a competitive package
- We help you perform at your best
- We help you make a difference
- We give you the freedom to be yourself
We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals—like you—with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. A diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential.
If you believe you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us to request accommodation.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Swift, we are dedicated to building a workplace where people can bring their full selves and ideas to the team, so if you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet every single qualification.
What we offer
We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals – like you – with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone’s voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran/military status.