Shipping Assistant, Global Supply Chain Management, Lystrup
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in an international Supply Chain organization, are you passionate about shipping and logistics and do you have what it takes to deliver a best-in-class service towards our internal and external stakeholders, you might be the one we are looking for?
TERMA is a company in significant growth, both in known markets but also in new areas of the world with higher demands to shipping documentation and compliance. To be able to retain the high service level towards our customers we are looking for a person who has a good understanding of the supply chain and will be able to improve the flow in the shipping and logistic related tasks together with the daily operational tasks in the department.
With reference to the Shipping Manager, you will be joining our team at our headquarter in Lystrup. We are offering a great opportunity to be a part of the journey towards Supply Chain Excellence. We expect that you take pride in making your own mark on TERMA’s external logistic footprint and your own daily responsibilities.
Main tasks and role
- Participate in continuous improvement projects to develop a faster and more efficient flow in the shipping and logistic related tasks.
- Maintain and improve the use of shipping and logistic functionalities of our ERP system (IFS).
- Prepare miscellaneous shipping documents, such as Invoices, Packing Lists, Certificates of Origin, ATA Carnets etc. and make sure they comply to the rules and regulations of the country of destination and letters of credit.
- Transport booking and communication with freight forwarders and courier companies
- Responsible for our shipments to and from exhibitions and demonstrations.
- Based on your experience from freight forwarding and your supply chain understanding you will be guiding the Projects in relation to the shipping aspects of the contracts.
- Perform Customer invoicing
- Reporting to different authorities (Intrastat, Toldstyrelsen etc.)
- Responsible for our incoming shipments
- Registration and monitoring of customs clearances internally in Terma
Your professional qualifications:
- Freight Forwarder or another relevant education or experience
- Educational background in Supply Chain Management.
- Fluent in English is a requirement
Other Important Competencies:
- Understanding the different aspects of the Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of all transport modes especially courier, truck, air-, and sea freight.
- Able to work by and meet deadlines
- Getting things done
- Understanding the functionalities of an ERP system
- Able to ensure follow through and closure of open tasks
Your personal qualifications:
- High level of customer focus/service minded approach
- An independent and outgoing personality with a positive mindset
- You are robust and thrive in a dynamic working environment, you are change adaptable and good at challenging the "now situation"
- You make things happen and are identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently
- Thrive with having many balls in the air simultaneously
- Quality and detail minded
What can Terma offer?
In Terma it is your skills, commitment and ambitions that help us fulfil our mission of being and we are on an exciting landmark trip. We offer a job with great opportunities for the right, talented candidate with a challenging position in an international high-tech company. You will be part of a company with an exciting future and considerable growth. You will receive a thorough introduction and training in our systems and processes, and we are focused on teaching you useful competences. Our culture is informal and direct. In excess of the business challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities.
For further information about this exciting position please contact Shipping Manager, Kristian Rasmussen at +45 8743 6174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving dfyour application and CV as soon as possible. To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed, we receive applications only via www.terma.com.
Applications will be processed continuously.
Bear in mind that candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance by the Danish Defence Intelligence Service. This entails that candidates, as a minimum, have stayed within NATO/EU for the last 7 years only interrupted by short stays abroad.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark, Terma has subsidiaries and operations across Europe, in the Middle East, in Asia Pacific as well as a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, Terma Inc., with offices in Washington D.C., Georgia and Texas.