ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHANGE OF SCENERY IN FINANCE?
UNILEVER IS LOOKING FOR A FINANCE ANALYST
We have a proactive and dynamic approach in managing and building our business. As we strive to drive our business, we are also expanding our network for Finance and Supply Chain Finance Analysts. A network is a means of reaching out to prospective candidates while we do not have a current vacancy, and when an exciting and suitable opportunity arises, we will be in contact to share more.
We are seeking an accomplished analyst with a strong background in performance management, offering hands-on expertise and exceptional communication skills to join our dynamic team. With a minimum of 3 years of experience in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry, the ideal candidate will be fluent in English and possess a deep understanding of Finance's pivotal role in Business Planning (forecasting) and Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes.
For the recruitment of this position, we would like to emphasize that local conditions apply to the position and for this vacancy in principle we will first consider candidates based in the Netherlands. If you are based outside of the Netherlands and you are interested to apply, please feel free to do so but we can only take your application on if a decision is made to also recruit outside of the Netherlands.
Salary: 48-64 K gross depending on background and experience
Unilever is one of the world`s largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) businesses, with interest across Personal Care, Homecare, Refreshment and Foods product categories. We reach 2 billion consumers a day. It has 161,000 employees. We make products that people love – and that make a difference. Nutritious foods. Household care essentials. Indulgent ice creams. Refreshing teas. Luxurious shampoos. Affordable, disease-combating soaps... and many more. In fact, we make around 400 much-loved brands including global brands such as Knorr & Dove, but also local brand such as Calvé (the Netherlands) and Suave (the Americas) and of course our products of the Vegetarian Butcher. Shoppers buy them in more than 190 countries. That means you’ll find at least one of our products in seven out of ten households on the planet. And we want every one of those products to make a positive impact on the lives of the people who buy them.
We want our business to flourish, and we know that our success depends on others flourishing around us. That's why our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace, and why sustainable, long-term growth is at the heart of our business model.
For Unilever we are searching for a Finance Analyst with a strong focus on continuous improvement. In this position you will be supporting one specific category in (1) the forecasting process (S&OP), and (2) performance management.
The Finance Analyst plays a key role in the Benelux Multi Country Operations (MCO). This role is a great opportunity to work closely with a cross functional team (Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing, other Finance functions, but also Information & Analytics and Tech) and delivers key insights that will be the base for decision making. Such a role requires strong analytical skills and business understanding, as well as the ease to work in a very dynamic environment and focus on continuous improvements. At the same time, it will develop you further to understand the business and create value.
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
Sales & Operations Planning
- The forecasting part of the job consists of full responsibility for the total value forecast for one of our categories. The main focus is on the horizon of 3 - 6 months providing the business with a robust forecast and supporting the business with the identification of risks and opportunities.
- Challenge the S&OP process driving towards a high degree of alignment between volume and value.
- Provide analysis and insights on forecast performance.
- Access, analyze and provide insights in consistency of Profit & Loss development across all measures, difference year-to-date versus year-to-go trends, profit versus investments, balance between customers and channels within a category.
- Responsible for month end process, and reporting to both internal [Benelux] and external stakeholders [Europe].
- Improving the processes in our S&OP process that generate most value for our stakeholders, by striving to a smooth first-time right process.
- Getting control over all the S&OP drivers like volumes, Gross Sales, Trade Terms, Supply Chain Costs to have an accurate gross profit and margin.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- We are looking for an analyst experienced in performance management, hands-on, and with good communication and stakeholder skills. You are fluent in English and have at least 3 years of experience in an FMCG company.
- Finance professional with solid experience of the Business Planning (forecasting) and S&OP process (Sales & Operations planning) and who understands Finance’ role within it.
- Highly motivated to get things done and pro-active in doing so.
- Structured and well organized, and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks while looking for ways to improve processes.
- Good in holding people accountable for their input.
- Eager to challenge the status quo.
- Enjoys to works with weekly/monthly drumbeats
- Strong analytical, planning and Excel skills.
- Can handle demanding and multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and positive attitude
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Unilever is the place where you can be yourself and bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. We offer an exciting & dynamic work environment where you can make things happen. Furthermore, we offer some great reward and benefits!
- Attractive total remuneration package; excellent company pension, bonus, share scheme.
- Flexible cross-disciplinary career opportunities and a wealth of training opportunities & wellbeing resources whenever and wherever.
- Plenty of company-paid holidays to further ensure your work-life balance is maintained.
- We encourage an inclusive culture, which comes to life with interchangeable public holidays, paid paternity leave of 6 weeks and our transgender policy.
- Under the Hybrid Working principles, you will be expected to spend a minimum of 40% in the office or at customers, suppliers or partners to connect and collaborate. For the time you work from home, we will ensure you are well equipped. When you are at the office , you can enjoy our tasty canteen with prepped food and own products.
- Informal culture and being the first one trying our new products.
- My Fitness Plan (reduction on your Fitness Subscription).
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Green Mobility Policy.
Join Unilever and our team! To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Please note this is a Direct Search led by Unilever. Applications from agencies will not be accepted, nor will fees be paid for unsolicited CVs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against.
By highlighting the gender diversity at the workplace, Unilever encourages women equally men to apply. If you look for a job after a long career break or after any type of leave, do not hesitate to apply.
Please save a copy of this vacancy for personal use as it will disappear from the website after closing of the role. Deadline for applying is at 23.59 the day before the Job Posting End Date.